Ultra rich and fudgy, these Greek Yogurt Brownies don't taste healthy at all! Made in one bowl, with no butter or oil, they come together in under 30 minutes.
Let's see, how many ways can I tout these brownies?
The recipe comes together in ONE BOWL, so minimal dishes.
Start to finish these brownies are done in under 30 minutes.
They use GREEK YOGURT and NO butter or oil!
Oh, and did I mention they're extremely rich and fudgy?!
I'd like to give a shoutout to my jet lag, for making these brownies possible. Coming home from our trip to Paris and Rome last week was so hard! And trying to get over jet lag when there's nothing exciting to stay awake for is even harder. It took me quite a few days to get back to my normal sleeping schedule, but before I did, I was waking up at 1 and 3 AM wide awake.
What else would I do with my time besides bake?!
As a way to create healthier versions of foods I love, I like to incorporate greek yogurt in place of butter or oil. I've made Skinny Blueberry Muffins, and Skinny Banana Muffins, which have all had great success. Now I've mastered the "Skinny Brownie"!
My muffin recipes incorporated greek yogurt, apple sauce, and replace half the sugar with an all natural sweetener. For these brownies, I just incorporated greek yogurt to cut out the butter or oil normally used.
They still contain some sugar, but they're not overloaded with it. If you enjoy the dark, unsweetened flavored chocolate and want to make this recipe even more skinny, feel free to cut the sugar in half, or even leave it out!
I do prefer at least a little sweetness to my brownies, so I left it in. Even at that, these brownies don't taste "healthy" at all! They're ultra rich and fudgy. SO FUDGY!
The chocolate flavor is strong, and lightly sweetened.
If you're trying to be a little better at the start of this new year (I know I ate my weight in cookies over the holidays, and that's not counting the amount of buttery croissants I had in Paris), these brownies are the perfect way to curb your sweet tooth.
Greek Yogurt Brownies
Ultra rich and fudgy, these Greek Yogurt Brownies don't taste skinny at all!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tea. salt
- 1/4 tea. baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1-5.3 oz container vanilla or plain greek yogurt (about 1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare a 9 x 9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugars, and chocolate chips.
- Add greek yogurt and egg and stir until combined. It will look too dry at first, but it will all get incorporated.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, rotating the pan 10 minutes into baking.
- Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Let cool completely, and enjoy!