Simply put, it's got everything. It's got the oats, raisins, coconut, almonds, flax seeds, chia seeds, am I missing anything? Cinnamon and brown sugar for a little sweet and spice, and maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut oil to bring it all together.
It's your favorite vanilla almond granola with so much more. It's packed with vitamins, nutrients, protein, fiber, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids.
If you are capable of stirring ingredients in a bowl, you are capable of granola!
For some reason granola has seemed more difficult than it really is. I've always loved granola, but have never made it until now. And I can't believe how easy it is!
You just choose your dry ingredients (you really can't go wrong), mix them all together and then add the wet! Stir, bake, and eat. Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Before Paul and I left for our trip, I made 3 batches of different granola variations. I had planned to bring some with us on our flight but I completely forgot to pack some.
My parents had a great time taste testing and eating it all up for us however. And they both voted that the "everything granola" was their favorite. Mine too!
Eat it plain with a spoon, sprinkle it on top of yogurt, pour milk over it and have it as cereal! So many ways to enjoy it. Better make 2 batches, this stuff goes fast!
Everything Granolamakes about 6 cups
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 2 tea. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 T. flax seeds
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tea. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and cover a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, coconut, almonds, flax seeds, and chia seeds together in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and stir well to evenly coat the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Evenly scatter wet granola across a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, taking the granola out after 10 minutes to stir.
- Granola should be a light golden brown color.
- Stir once more after removing from the oven and let cool.
- Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!