I'm usually a latte purist. I like my lattes with espresso and steamed milk. No sugar, no flavorings, nothing. If it ain't broke don't fix it-am I right? But Paul loves all the holiday flavored lattes there are to offer, and his favorite being the eggnog latte. Since I bought some eggnog for some baking ideas, he requested a homemade eggnog latte.
Who knew they were so easy? Basically instead of steaming milk, you steam a mixture of milk and eggnog for your latte. Top with the NECESSARY whipped cream, and sprinkled with freshly grated nutmeg.
I have to admit, it's pretty dang good. Just don't tell my latte I said that.
The delicious latte made at home.
Yield: 1 medium, or 2 small lattes
- 2 shots espresso (or 1/2 cup strong coffee)
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup milk
- whipped cream
- Brew espresso shots or coffee. Pour into cup(s).
- Pour milk and eggnog together and steam to 120-130F. (Eggnog scalds quicker than milk, so don't let it get over 140 F.)
- Pour steamed eggnog/milk mixture into cup(s).
- Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with nutmeg.